The Arthur Terry Teaching School works in partnership with the National Forest Teaching School to act as an Appropriate Body for the registration of NQTs. We understand that your NQTs may need to be registered with different Appropriate Bodies depending upon their training provider so our aim is to make the process as seamless as possible.
The Appropriate Body Core Package includes:
- Registration, management and inclusion in the DfE NQT database.
- Mentor training and associated support documentation including a copy of the NFTS NQT Handbook for both NQTs and Mentors.
- On-going advice, including a support visit for struggling NQTs.
- Processing, monitoring and quality assurance of NQT assessment forms.
- Determination of the length of the NQT induction period.
- Final decision on the NQT performance against the Teachers’ Standards based upon Headteacher’s recommendations.
- Notification of the completion of the NQT induction to the DfE.
- Access to the centralised electronic system for submitting assessment forms through NQT Manager.
- An introductory training session for NQTs including the opportunity to meet and network with other NQTs.
For more information or to register, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org