Arthur Terry SCITT & Teaching School Hub Privacy Notice
How we use information
As part of our role in leading Arthur Terry Teaching School Hub, North Birmingham, we collect and hold a certain amount of data about individuals involved in our work.
The data includes name, role (with respect to hub work), school, email address, and (in some cases) telephone number. We do this for several reasons. This form tells you what information we use about you and why we use it. It is especially important that information about you is kept safe. We explain below how we keep your information safe.
The agreement between us and the Department for Education (DfE) requires us to monitor and evaluate our work as a Teaching School Hub, and this is the legal basis for the data that we hold, on, for example, participation in the ECF, NPQs, Appropriate Body and any CPD or training sessions that we coordinate. Arthur Terry Teaching School Hub – North Birmingham and Arthur Terry SCITT is part of the Arthur Terry Learning Partnership (ATLP).
ATLP is the Data Controller for the purposes of data protection law.
The personal data we hold.
We process data relating to those we employ, or otherwise engage or engage with; those who access activity of the Teaching School Hub; and people who deliver on behalf of the Teaching School Hub within their professional capacity.
Personal data we may collect, use, store, and share (when appropriate) about you includes, but is not restricted to:
- Contact details including phone number, email address, and home address.
- Date of birth
- Your role and professional responsibilities within your place of employment, your employment history and
- Professional qualifications
- Date of QTS being awarded.
- Your evaluation of activity with which you have engaged.
- References from your line managers and colleagues
- Photographs of adults: we may take photographs at events which we then use in publications, social media and our website when promoting and sharing the activity of the Teaching School Hub.
- Data about the use of the Teaching School Hub’s information and communications system (including social media, bulletin access and subscription, access to the website including training and member areas).
We may also collect, store, and use information about you that falls into ‘special categories’ of more sensitive personal data. This includes information about (where applicable):
- Health: dietary or access requirements.
Why we use this data.
The purpose of processing this data is to help us run the Teaching School Hub effectively, including:
- To enable efficient facilitation of events
- To review the quality of activity and inform future activity.
- To enable efficient communication with people who choose to engage with the Teaching School Hub
- To enable an effective selection process for training courses
- To report against key performance indicators for Teaching School Hub designation
- To report on contractual obligations where activity is funded from third parties.
- To promote and share the activity of the Teaching School Hub
- To promote and share activity and professional development opportunities from third parties that we believe.
- May be of interest to you in your professional capacity.
- To allow better financial modelling and planning.
Our lawful basis for using this data.
We only collect and use personal information about you when the law allows us to. Most commonly we use it where we need to:
- Fulfil a contract into which we have entered with you.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Conduct a task in the public interest.
- Legitimate interests.
Less commonly, we may also use personal information about you where:
- You have given us consent to use it in a certain way.
- We need to protect your vital interests or those of someone else.
How we store this data
Personal data is stored in line with our data protection policy. When it is no longer required, we will delete your information in accordance with our data retention schedule. This can be found at https://atlp.org.uk/files/2023/02/ATLP-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf#gdpr-data-protection-policy/
We do not share information about you with any third party for marketing purposes without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
ATLP Teaching School Hub does work in conjunction with a selection of partners which are named on our website. We will share information with our partners to conduct specific functions which we are responsible for. This includes organisations such as:
- Department for Education (DfE)
- Arthur Terry Teaching School Hub partners.
- Suppliers and service providers, to enable them to provide the service for which we have contracted them, such as paying your school of work for your deployment.
- Financial organisations
- Our Local Authority, to meet our legal obligations to share certain information with them, such as safeguarding concerns.
- Our auditors
- Survey and research organisations
- Professional advisers and consultants that we have contracted to undertake work for The ATLP Teaching School hub.
- Professional bodies
- Teacher Regulation Agency
- ECT Manager for Appropriate Body Services
- Ambition Institute for NPQ qualifications
- Education Development Trust for the Early Career Framework
In addition, we use this data to stay connected with you on professional development opportunities and related matters.
Collecting this information
Most of the information we collect from you is voluntary: there is some information that you can choose whether to provide to us; however, most of the information is a prerequisite for the activity in which you wish to engage.
Whenever we seek to collect information from you, we make it clear whether you must provide this information (and, if so, what the possible consequences are of not complying), or whether you have a choice.
Depending on the law that applies, you may have a right to access and rectify or erase your personal data or receive a copy of your personal data, restrict or object to the active processing of your data. To exercise these rights, you can write to us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
We take any complaints about our collection and use of personal information very seriously. If you think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading, or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with us in the first instance.
To make a complaint, please contact our trust data protection officer. Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office: report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/. Call 0303 123 1113. Or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.