National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership
Our NPQSL programme will be commencing in autumn 2022.
This 18-month programme helps you develop your leadership knowledge and expertise to improve outcomes for teachers and pupils in your school.
>Gain a NPQ Senior Leadership accreditation
>Enjoy flexible training to suit your timetable
>Access evidence-based learning
>Learn from leadership experts
What you’ll learn
The programme follows the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification: Senior Leadership Framework.
- Set clear goals and communicate shared values that improve the culture in your classrooms and schools
- Establish a safe and positive environment for pupils
- Support colleagues to meet individual needs and make sure all pupils have access to a rich curriculum
- Lead school-wide professional development for staff
- Make and act on evidence-informed decisions
- Work well with parents, carers, other schools and the wider community
- Lead by example, be accountable for decisions and make sure colleagues know their responsibilities.
Note: programme content is subject to change.
- Train to your timetable – the flexible programme is designed to fit in with your busy working role. Training is delivered in bite-sized chunks, which is useful for retaining knowledge, and you can learn at a time and pace that suits you.
- Build your confidence – learn how to excel as a leader and get the support you need to take the next step in your career.
- Access the latest research – benefit from the latest evidence-based learning and approaches to great teaching and leadership. See how it can improve schools and change lives.
- Enact positive change – translate what you’ve learned on this programme to your own school context. We’ll help you do this by providing models and examples that seek to make the link between theory and practice concrete.
- Get peer-to-peer support – learn from a network of like-minded peers and have the share insights with colleagues in your own school setting.
- Create a common knowledge base – NPQ qualifications are aligned, so you can have confidence that all your educators will share a common language and framework to develop your school or trust.
- Support your leaders – senior leaders will be given the tools to drill down into specific areas of leadership to improve their knowledge, make evidence-informed decisions and action positive change.
- Learn from evidence – senior leaders will be introduced to evidence-informed practices straightaway. This will help them develop strategies to improve teaching and pupil performance at your school.
- Make a leadership pipeline – the programme will help to identify future leaders and create a positive culture where teachers can develop and thrive.
- Boost attainment – studies show that high-quality continuous professional development can improve pupil outcomes almost as effectively as having a teacher with 10 years’ experience in the classroom.