National Professional Qualification for Leading Teaching
Our NPQLT programme will be commencing in autumn 2022.
In 12 months, you will discover what outstanding teaching looks like and use this knowledge to become a high performing leader of teaching.
>One of a series of new, specialist NPQs
>Gain a NPQ for Leading Teaching accreditation
>Become an excellent leader of teaching
>Flexible learning to suit your timetable
What you’ll learn
This programme follows the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Teaching Framework.
- Explain important ideas about the science of learning
- Understand what good teaching practice is and how to implement it
- Support colleagues to design a broad and coherent curriculum
- Plan effective lessons and stimulate your pupils’ thinking
- Help colleagues adapt their teaching to different needs
- Contribute to the design of school assessment systems
- Align your professional development with wider school improvement priorities
Note: programme content is subject to change.
- Excel as a teacher – delve into the nuts and bolts of what makes an effective teacher, what good teaching looks like, and how you can lead others and they can learn from you.
- Build on existing experience – this programme helps you to unpack and apply learning in teaching, curriculum and assessment –and to support others to develop in these areas. That’s whether you are a classroom teacher keen to develop your knowledge or a head of department wanting to maximise your impact.
- Invest in your future – ongoing professional development helps you to grow and thrive as a teacher. You will follow an evidence-based framework and gain a professional accreditation at the end of the programme.
- Train to your timetable – this programme is designed to fit around your teaching role and much of the work can be completed in bite-size chunks around your existing work timetable.
- Connect with your peers – you will train alongside other teachers from similar school contexts. You can share your experiences and build a strong support network.
- Create a ‘golden thread’ – the new NPQs are all aligned. So, no matter what career stage your teachers are at, by joining this programme, they will benefit from an evidence-based framework. They will also share a common language with other NPQ participants that they can pass on to colleagues.
- Access the latest learning – teachers will bring evidence-based teaching and learning into classrooms, meaning high quality teaching and improved pupil outcomes.
- Identify future leaders – competent and confident teachers who excel in their roles will be more likely to apply for middle or senior positions in your school when they arise.
- Retain your teaching talent – by allowing teachers to develop and nurture their talents in specialist areas you are investing in their future. This will boost their confidence, making them feel supported and less likely to apply for jobs elsewhere.
- Tap into a network – your teachers will train alongside peers from other schools with similar contexts, supported by facilitators that fully understands your needs.