The Arthur Terry National Teaching School offers a range of bespoke CPLD courses for Secondary teachers and leaders.
Good Practitioners Programme
The Good Practitioners Programme provides the professional environment to reﬂect on, refresh and reﬁne classroom pedagogy, enabling teachers to conﬁdently lead learning in their own classroom. It is an invaluable opportunity for teachers to pick up successful techniques and formulate new strategies through observing best practice.
Through ﬁve face-to face sessions participants will explore the theoretical content of leading learning applied through several practical scenarios:
- What does effective learning and teaching look like?
- Creating the most effective learning and teaching environment
- Effective strategies to include challenge for all
- Effective feedback to ensure progress for all
- Sustaining Progress
The cost of the programme is £250 per participant.
The next Good Practitioners Programme is due to start in January 2021. For more information or to register your interest in this programme, please email email@example.com
Advanced Practitioners Programme
This programme, delivered over two terms is designed to provide an in-depth exploration of your own practice enabling you to lead learning beyond your own classroom and develop others.
There will be an opportunity to observe outstanding teaching in a range of school settings and develop the coaching skills to develop others and embed a culture of reflective practice.
The programme includes:
- Defining outstanding teaching
- Professional auditing
- Developing a success criteria
- Effective Questioning
- Ensuring challenge and engagement
- Action planning and evaluation
The cost of the programme is £250 per participant.
The next Advanced Practitioners Programme is due to start in April 2021. For more information or to register your interest in this programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Education is a profession in a constant flux of change. Senior Leadership Groups are continuously looking for Middle Leaders who are capable of leading and managing change. This programme is aimed at developing leadership potential and capacity, helping Middle Leaders to understand the process of change whilst giving them the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills to apply in the context of their own school.
Through six face-to-face sessions participants will explore the theoretical content of leading change. In addition, they will lead on devising and implementing a vision to improve student progress for targeted groups of students in their own setting. Middle leaders will be supported by a learning coach, within their own school who will act as both mentor and coach to the participant through the programme.
By the end of the programme participants will have:
- Completed a 360° leadership diagnostic
- Identified a gap in achievement within their setting
- Attended 6 face-to-face sessions including leadership development, data exploration, action planning, presenting a vision and implementing change
- Presented their action research identifying how they have closed their identified gap and the impact of this
- Considered how to further develop their leadership potential
The cost of programme is £350 per participant.
The next Leading Change Programme is due to start in January 2021. For more information or to register your interest in this programme, please email email@example.com
Gateway to Leadership
The Gateway to Leadership programme is aimed at teachers in the first few years of their career who are taking their first steps towards leadership. Run by experienced leaders, the programme aims to develop prospective leaders in the challenges, responsibilities and rewards of leadership. The programme is run as twilights over the academic year and includes:
- Introduction to Leadership and Leadership Projects
- Use of data and narrowing the gap
- Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Identifying and making changes; Action planning
- Progressing as a Leader: next steps
- Presentations and Evaluations
The cost of the programme is £100 per participant (£80 for Teaching School Alliance members)
The next Gateway to Leadership Programme is due to start in January 2021. For more information or to register your interest in this programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspire to Senior Leadership
This is a unique opportunity to explore the role of the Assistant Headteacher and develop your knowledge and understanding of being a member of a Senior Leadership Group. The programme consists of a one-day conference, a 4-day leadership secondment followed by a ½ day conference.
The one-day conference explores:
- the role of an assistant head
- conﬂict management/the challenging conversation
- applying for Leadership roles: the process
- development planning
- developing a vision
Over the course of the 4-day Leadership secondment in school you will:
- attend leadership group meetings
- meet with a senior member of staﬀ on context of the school, including data
- attend line management meetings
- participate in learning walks and work scrutiny
- participate in bespoke CPD session on focus area
- meet with students
- feedback to LG on focus areas
The cost of the programme is £300 per participant. Host schools: Free place
The next Aspire to Senior Leadership Programme is due to start in January 2021. For more information or to register your interest in this programme, please email email@example.com